20 Jun. 2016
Despite our numerous attempts at recovering our approval to use Instagram API, which was suddenly revoked on June 7th, by contacting Instagram and submitting the app for their review, we were unable to acquire the usage approval for the API which is the basis to some of Fotogramme’s functions.
Because of this, we regret to report that we are unable to recover Fotogramme’s functions that are currently disabled.
It saddens us to announce our decision, which is that we will no longer be continuing Fotogramme service from now on.
As announced on June 7th, we had acquired the approval to use new API which was enforced on June 1st from Instagram after going through their review process in April, 2016. However, the approval was revoked abruptly and without notice, which was completely unexpected.
Since it was difficult to determine whether our service complied to Instagram’s abstract API usage terms, we had submitted requests for review in advance in order to ward off any likely problems (and we had been approved by them). But now that they’ve overturned their decision to let us use their API, there is nothing left for us to do.
It can be said that our only available option is to remake our application into an analytics application for corporate users that is likely to pass Instagram’s review. Yet we do not believe this is what the current Fotogramme users want.
We had been looking forward to delivering a new version to better serve our users with our version 3 announced on June 1st (and the following version 3.1) which took us more than half a year to develop. We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate outcome of the situation.
- App Store no longer carries the application.
- Add-ons are no longer available for purchase.
- Since we were unable to resolve the problem regarding Instagram API, we will no longer be updating Fotogramme (any application that causes repeated error notifications has not gone through Apple’s review.)
- Although some of the functions may work for now, they are likely to become unusable with future iOS updates (the app itself might not launch at all)
- We cannot conform to Instagram API’s future updates.
- For customers who have purchased add-ons within the past 90 days may use the below website, or go to iTunes – account – purchase history to file a claim for a refund.
We are deeply sorry for the unfortunate termination of updating our service which has been going on for around 5 years since its launch in 2011.
We express our sincere gratitude to all our users and Instagram fans.
15 Jun. 2016
Our app was declined from Instagram again. According to the result, our app name seems to be not compliant with their brand guidelines.
We’ve already decided to change its name to “Fotograffe” and submitted it to Instagram again.
Please wait for a while to recover our services. Thank you.
7 Jun. 2016
Currently, the ability to display posts from other accounts on the app, as well as to conduct operations such as like and follow, has become disabled.
Although the message “You need to re-login to use this account” is being displayed, this issue is not resolved by re-logging in.
The cause of this issue occurred when the API user’s permissions were suddenly canceled without notice by Instagram on June 7.
We had received API’s permissions after undergoing a screening by Instagram 2 months ago. The reason for this sudden cancellation is unclear.
In order to restore services, it is necessary to once again receive permissions, and as of now it is unclear when they will be restored.
Furthermore, due to this issue, the app have been temporarily deleted from the App Store. We apologize for the inconveniences caused to our users, but we ask that you give us some more time to restore services.
We thank your for your patience.
2 Jun. 2016
Version 3.0 is available on the App Store.
What’s new in Version 3.0
- Added support for Instagram API specification update that will go into effect in June 2016.
- Added ability to Group favorite users and hashtags and to create your original timeline.
- Favorite User Tags function in version 2 has been transformed into the Group function starting with version 3.
In line with the changes to the Instagram API, following functionality from Version 2 are absent from Version 3.
- Feed screen (chronologically displays posts of followed users)
- Block and unblock users
- Display posts of private users
- Displays a list of accounts that other users are following / other user’s followers
- Display comments on timeline (*improvements being considered for next version)
- Display popular posts
We are extremely disappointed that it is now not possible to provide a feed screen. Please accept our apologies.
We have provided the group functionality as a substitute for this funcationality, which is the most we are able to implement at this time.
Please try the group functionality to create your favorite timelines.
When possible, features will be reinstated in the future as permitted by changes to the Instagram policy regarding feed screen.
14 Apr. 2016
In June 2016, Instagram is scheduled to make specification changes to the Instagram API, which provides functionality to the public. All third party applications and services that utilize the Instagram API were effected by these changes.
After the specification changes, some of Fotogramme’s current features will no longer be available for use; however, we have added new features that we plan to release with version 3. We’re excited to see what you think!
With regards to add-ons that were purchased with the current version, they will be carried over to the new version of Fotogramme, where you can continue using them as they are.